Desiree Manaka is an admitted attorney with an extensive knowledge and experience in the corporate and commercial environment, having spent the last 12 years in various banking and financial institutions both private and State owned. She has spent the last 6 years of her career in the auto-motive industry with one of the largest Automotive Manufacturers and distributors in the world.
Desiree has supported the various institutions as in-house counsel ensuring that tailor-made legal advice meets their individual needs. Desiree has an extensive knowledge of legislation applicable to the clients field of business that includes but is not limited to:
- Interpretation of Commercial Agreements
- Drafting, vetting and negotiation of commercial agreements.
- Assisting her clients with the understanding and implementation of various Legislation including the National Credit Act, The Consumer Protection Act, Protection of Personal Information Act, the Competition Act.
Desiree specialises in the following fields of law:
- Commercial Law
- Banking Law
- Drafting contracts
- Project Finance
- Compliance and governance
Legal research and opinion work
Senior Attorney’s Profile
Anne-Marie Barclay is an admitted attorney with extensive knowledge and experience in various fields of law having spent the last 13 years working as a practicing attorney and as a senior manager at the Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa. Below are a list of some of the areas of expertise Anne-Marie can offer:
- PFMA and State-Owned Entities
- Anne-Marie has experience with the Public Finance Management Act 1 of 1999 and how it is applied by state owned.
- Negotiator with Corporate Commercial Experience.
- She is also a skilled negotiator with experience in high value transactions with developmental financial institutions and related corporate and commercial agreements.
- Drafting and Vetting Corporate Commercial Transactional Agreements.
- Anne-Maire is able to draft, vet and prepare complex commercial transactional documentation in the developmental banking sector as she was a legal advisor in a banking state owned entity for over 6 years.
- Litigation, Insolvencies and Recoveries and Business Rescue.
- Anne-Marie has as the Senior Manager Recoveries, Insolvencies and Business Rescue at Land Bank and spent many years prior to that as a practicing attorney in the field of litigation.
- Labour Law.
- Anne-Marie has a vast knowledge of the South African Labour Law and implemented internal and external labour law as the Land Bank initiator and representation at the CCMA.
Legal Administrator’s Profile
Keitumetse Ramusetheli is our Legal Administrator and is responsible for overseeing the administrative operations of the firm. She has extensive experience in the corporate and commercial environment, and is responsible for customer liaison, stakeholder relationships and liaising with service providers.
As our first point of contact, Keitumetse’s excellent people skills will ensure that you always receive a warm welcome.